The IEEE MTT International Microwave Symposium (IMS) is the premier annual international meeting for technologists involved in all aspects of microwave theory and practice. It consists of a full week of events, including technical paper presentations, workshops, and tutorials, as well as numerous social events and networking opportunities. The symposium also hosts a large commercial exhibition. Co-located with IMS are the IEEE RFIC and ARFTG conferences.
What's New and Happening in 2017?
• The first-ever IMS Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) Competition
• A 5G Summit showcasing next-generation wireless technologies
• An Executive Forum and Reception to discuss the latest in 5G from the perspectives of various "insiders"
• RF Boot Camp – a three-quarter day course on RF/microwave basics
• The first-ever IMS Exhibitor Workshops for exhibitors to present the technology behind their products
• Networking Events including Young Professionals and Women in Microwaves events
• Student Design, Student Paper, Industry Paper, and Advanced Practice Paper Competitions
• Project Connect for under-represented minority engineering students, and the PhD Student Initiative for new PhD students
• Teaching that inspires…students that aspire – an exciting STEM program exposing middle school and select high school students, as well as their teachers, to RF/microwave technology
• The first-ever IMS Hackathon: 30-Minute Circuits will allow competitors to race to the finish to see who is the ultimate RF circuit hacker!
A Look Back at IMS2017
Mahalo for joining us for IMS2017 in Honolulu, Hawai'i! Photos from the Symposium are available at www.LylePhotos.com.
More Microwave Week videos from Huf Media can be found at www.youtube.com/user/mttims